Client Management Solutions - HP Manageability Integration Kit for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (HP MIK)
HP Manageability Integration Kit (MIK) for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
|Tool Name||Current Version||Date||OS Support||SoftPaq||CVA|
|HP MIK for Server|
|HP Manageability Integration Kit (MIK)||184.108.40.206729||6/2/2022||SCCM 2012 R2 SP1 or higher||sp140413|
|HP MIK Client requirements|
|HP MIK Client||220.127.116.11893||6/2/2022||Windows 7/8.1/10||sp140378||sp140378 cva|
This package provides the HP Manageability Integration Kit plug-in for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager.
HP MIK Server Version 18.104.22.168729 / HP MIK Client Version 22.214.171.124893
- HP Image Assistant - 5.1.5
- Updates the OS deployment feature to support a new packaging approach for HP SoftPaqs
- Microsoft .Net version 4.8 or above.
CURRENT KNOWN LIMITATIONS
- HP MIK Server - Update from previous version of HP MIK to HP MIK Server Version 126.96.36.199334 results in SCCM-popup "Microsoft.ConfigurationManager has stopped working."
- Perform Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Console repair for following 2 cases:
- Prior to installation of HP Manageability Integration Kit (MIK) version 188.8.131.52334
- Post update from previous version to HP Manageability Integration Kit (MIK) version 184.108.40.206334.
- Performing Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Console repair steps:
- Control Panel select Programs and Features
- Select Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Console
- Right click and select Repair
- HP MIK Client - Update from previous version of HP MIK Client (3.x or 4.x) to HP MIK Client 5.X version fails to install latest version.
- RECOMMENDED - Prior to installation of HP MIK client version 5.x , uninstall previous version of MIK client
- Reinstall fails post-OS Update.
Customers with existing HP Patch Assistant Policy deployed - Ensure for HP Patch Assistant CI Deployment setting Computer Agent in Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Console is checked, as described in the steps below:
- Open Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Console
- Navigate to Administration -> Client Settings
- Right click HP Patch Assistant CI Deployment and select properties.
- Ensure that the computer agent checkbox is checked. This ensures that the Discovery and Remediation scripts can run without any restrictions on the client.
- Click Computer Agent tab and ensure that the PowerShell execution policy is Bypass.
- Download the file by clicking Download or Obtain Software button and saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where the downloaded file is saved).
- Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to extract the contents of the SoftPaq.