TITLE: HP BIOS and System Firmware (R82)
VERSION: 01.09.00 REV: A PASS: 1
This package creates files that contain an image of the System BIOS (ROM) for
the supported computer models with an R82 family ROM. This package is used to
flash the System ROM on a supported notebook.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP113788
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: sp113788.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: 28f810a09ff1589f9689aaf28e8600ea
EFFECTIVE DATE: May 12, 2021
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP ZHAN X 13 G2 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (64-bit)
- Addresses security vulnerabilities CVE-2020-8703, CVE-2020-8704,
CVE-2020-24506 and CVE-2020-24507.
- Addresses security vulnerabilities CVE-2020-12288, CVE-2020-12289,
CVE-2020-12290, CVE-2020-12291, CVE-2020-12292, CVE-2020-12293, CVE-2020-12294,
CVE-2020-12295, and CVE-2020-12296.
- Addresses security vulnerabilities CVE-2020-24511, CVE-2020-24512.
- Adds the feature, IPv6 during UEFI Boot, to the F10 setup interface which
allows the user to disable IPv6 during the pre-boot phase.
- Provides support for camera and clickpad firmware updates using Windows
- Removes the BIOS Configuration Utility (BCU) item, Reuse embedded LAN address.
- Includes the following firmware:
EC/SIO Firmware, version 58.42.00
Cypress Power Delivery (PD) Firmware (CCG5), version 1.6.0
Intel Legacy vBIOS, version 9.2.1019,A.6
Intel GOP EFI Driver, version 9.0.1085,A.8
PXE Option ROM - Realtek, version 2.13
PXE UEFI Driver - Realtek, version 2.025
DisplayLink Driver, version 1.1.4
Management Engine (ME) Firmware, version 188.8.131.523
- Fixes an issue where the BIOS cannot be rolled back to an older BIOS version
when the update is run from the F10 setup interface using a custom URL.
- Fixes an issue where a Security Device Error message is displayed after the
Power-on Password is enabled.
- Fixes an issue where the system stops functioning (hangs) during the network
boot after the F10 Custom/System Address setting is changed.
- Fixes an issue where the response of the mouse cursor is delayed when a
sliding gesture is made on the touchpad.
- Fixes an issue where the WWAN disconnects unexpectedly.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and
saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Copyright (c) 2021 HP Development Company, L.P.