TITLE: HP Notebook System BIOS Update
VERSION: 01.17 REV: A PASS: 1
This package provides an update to the System BIOS for the HP ZBook 15W/17W G3
Mobile Workstations with an N81 family ROM. The update installs on supported
mobile workstation models using a supported Windows Operating System. It is
necessary to restart the system to complete the installation.
NOTE: HP strongly recommends updating the Management Engine firmware to version
18.104.22.1682 to prevent BIOS/Management Engine firmware corruption issues.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP82264
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP82264.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: 31591a63e0d1be3bb70e1cb2ee871f95
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 16, 2017
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP ZBook 17 G3 Mobile Workstation
HP ZBook 15 G3 Mobile Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (64-bit)
Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64 Bit
- Adds a feature in the F10 BIOS setup menu in Intel systems to Enable or
Disable external ports separately.
- Adds a feature to disable the discrete video card on a ZBook Studio system.
- Provides support for NVIDIA Graphics Card M1200/2200 on a ZBook 17/15 G3
- Adds the option to enable or disable Active Management (AMT) using the F10
BIOS setup menu and the BIOS Configuration Utility (BCU).
- Adds the feature where the power-on password is bypassed only on the initial
- Adds the Boot to normal boot order option to the Wake-on-LAN option in the F10
BIOS setup menu.
- Adds the TPM 1.2 to 2.0 Upgrade PPI to the TPM Activation Policy.
- Adds a feature in the F10 BIOS setup menu in Intel systems to enable or
disable individual hard drives separately.
- Adds a feature in the F10 setup menu and the BIOS Configuration Utility (BCU)
to enable battery shipmode.
- Updates the Realtek 8153 PXE to version 2.10.
- Updates the UEFI driver to version 2.020.
- Updates the Intel microcontroller (MCU) of Skylake-based U/Y systems to
- Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends
transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all
NOTE: Due to the security changes in this release, attempts to install older
BIOS versions require the user to be physically present to accept the older
- Fixes an issue where the Ctrl+Alt+Delete key combination can be used
unintentionally to bypass the DriveLock Password.
- Fixes an issue where BitLocker cannot be enabled while FastBoot is enabled.
- Fixes an issue where a Sandisk SDSSDHII-480G-G25 drive in the system is not
recognized when the system is run in legacy mode.
- Fixes an issue where the SMC blob file for a FAT32 hard drive on the system
does not function properly when the USB Storage Boot feature is disabled.
- Fixes an intermittent issue where the update for USB type C firmware on the
system fails to install.
- Fixes an issue where the x2APIC is unexpectedly disabled.
- Fixes an issue where certain external USB optical disc drives (ODD) connected
to the system are not detected.
- Fixes an intermittent issue where the USB-A and the audio jack do not function
properly after the system is restarted.
- Fixes an issue where HP Performance Advisor does not provide sensor options.
- Fixes an issue which causes an unexpected beep sound to be emitted when the
F10 BIOS setup is used.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and
saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Copyright (c) 2017 HP Development Company, L.P.