TITLE: HP Notebook System BIOS Update
VERSION: 01.05 REV: A PASS: 1
This package creates files that contain an image of the System BIOS (ROM) for
the supported notebook models with a P84 family ROM. This package is used to
flash the System ROM on a supported notebook.
This package includes several methods for updating the BIOS version as follows:
- Use the HPBIOSUPDREC Utility to update the BIOS directly in a Microsoft
Windows Operating System environment.
- Use System Software Manager (SSM) to update the system BIOS on PCs in a
NOTE: To determine the ROM family and ROM date, press F10 on the notebook/laptop
during startup to run the Setup Utility, and then view File/System Information.
SOFTPAQ NUMBER: SP82306
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP82306.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: 682bffeb463edc4ee102fd1390dd0494
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 20, 2017
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP ProBook 455 G4 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (64-bit)
- Provides support for dual-signed option ROMs.
- Adds the TPM 1.2 to 2.0 Upgrade PPI to the TPM Activation Policy.
- Adds a feature to disable all integrated webcams on the system.
- Adds a feature in the F10 setup menu and the BIOS Configuration Utility (BCU)
to enable battery shipmode.
- Adds Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) to provide the error log for the
- Updates the Realtek 8153 PXE to version 2.10 and UEFI driver to version 2.020.
- Adds an option in the F10 BIOS setup menu to suppress the confirmation of
input by the user.
- Updates the Cypress USB-PD firmware to version 7.0.
- Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends
transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all
- Provides support for Samsung 8 GB DDR4 memory.
- Fixes an issue where when the display language changes to Japanese
- Fixes an issue where the Save Restore GPT feature does not function properly.
- Fixes an issue where a Sandisk SDSSDHII-480G-G25 drive in the system is not
recognized when the system is run in legacy mode.
- Fixes an issue where Automatic DriveLock setting cannot be cleared after
security settings are restored to factory defaults.
- Fixes an issue where the DriveLock user password cannot be used after
Automatic Drivelock is deselected and DriveLock password is enabled at the same
time in the BIOS.
- Fixes an issue where system stops functioning (hangs) on the HP logo during
the POST when the system is restarted after Factory Defaults are applied, the
BIOS setup is exited, and then Legacy Support is enabled and Secure Boot is
disabled in F10 BIOS setup.
- Fixes an issue where the F10 BIOS interface is displayed only at upper left
corner of the monitor when F1 is pressed at the BIOS Administrator Password
input interface before the BIOS Administrator Password is entered.
- Fixes an issue where the Configure Legacy Support and Secure Boot option
cannot be restored correctly after Sure Start BIOS Settings Protection is used
to recover the BIOS.
- Fixes an issue where Runtime Intrusion Prevention PPI appears repeatedly when
the system is restarted after Runtime Intrusion is disabled and Sure Start
Settings Protection is enabled.
- Fixes an issue where the SMC blob file for a FAT32 hard drive on the system
does not function properly when the USB Storage Boot feature is disabled.
- Fixes an issue on a system running Windows 10 v1703 where the TPM 2.0 TCG
Physical Presence Interface 1.3 Test fails.
- Fixes an issue where BitLocker could not be enabled while FastBoot is enabled.
- Fixes an issue where the keyboard does not function properly after the system
is restarted and F10 is pressed to enter into the BIOS interface.
- Fixes an issue where a USB device connected to the system is displayed as
CDROM:USB:1 in the Boot Order of the BIOS Configuration Utility (BCU).
- Fixes an issue where the system displays an error message (0x8007054F) after
Power-On Authentication is enabled under HP Client Security.
- Fixes an issue on a system with Sure Start enabled where the system does not
perform an upgrade to the BIOS properly.
- Fixes an issue which causes a blue screen event to occur when the system
resumes from S3 (sleep) mode after the DriveLock password is set, and the then
system enters S3.
- Fixes an issue where system emits a long beep sound before the Sure Start
Policy Update PPI message is displayed at POST.
- Adds Boot to normal boot order to the Wake-on-LAN option in F10 BIOS setup
- Fixes an issue that occurs when the network connection is lost while running a
scheduled BIOS update using Custom URL. When the issue occurs, the system does
not time out and restart properly.
- Fixes an issue where system cannot detect the IP address during a network boot
(PXE boot) with an Intel onboard NIC.
- Fixes an issue where LAN/WLAN switching does not function properly after the
system resumes from shutdown or hibernation mode.
- Fixes an issue which causes a 300-Configuration Change Warning message to be
displayed when Fast Boot is disabled in F10 BIOS settings without changes to the
fixed storage device.
NOTE: Due to the security changes in this release, attempts to install older
BIOS versions require the user to be physically present to accept the older
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and
saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Copyright (c) 2017 HP Development Company, L.P.