TITLE: HP Firmware Pack (R71)
VERSION: 01.08.03 REV: A PASS: 1
This package creates files that contain an image of the System BIOS (ROM) for
the supported notebook models with an R71 family ROM. This package is used to
flash the System ROM on a supported notebook.
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP98476.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: da853e4c21fd6e099f716e9fc69b5306
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 17, 2019
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP ProBook 440 G6 Notebook PC
HP ProBook 430 G6 Notebook PC
HP ProBook 450 G6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (64-bit)
- Updates the Intel silicon reference code to 7.0.5E.40.
- Updates the Intel Management Engine (ME) firmware to 188.8.131.521.
- Updates the Cypress PD firmware to v7.9 to provide enhanced compatibility.
- Adds the Native OS Firmware Update Service feature to the F10 setup interface
to enable and disable firmware updates using the Window Update service.
- Adds an option in the F10 setup to download and install BIOS updates
automatically without prompts.
- Fixes an issue where SecureView fails to boot after installation.
- Fixes an issue where the power button LED of HP Thunderbolt Dock G2 blinks
continuously when the system is shutdown using the BIOS setup (F10) interface.
- Fixes an issue where the Fn Lock does not function properly after the BIOS is
updated to 01.03.00.
- Fixes an issue on a system connected to an HP Elite USB-C Dock where the
system does not wake properly when the power button on the dock is pressed while
the lid on the system is closed.
- Fixes an issue where a bootable USB storage device on an external Dock
connected to the system is not detected in the F9 boot menu.
- Fixes an issue where a BIOS update via the F10 setup interface fails and the
system reports Internal error when the update schedule is set to
- Fixes an issue where the SystemDiags.log file cannot be created in the FTP
server after Remote HP PC Hardware Diagnostics are executed.
- Fixes an issue that occurs on a system that has the BIOS password enabled
under F10 and Power-on Authentication is enabled in HPCSM. When the BIOS
Administrator at Power-on-Authentication option is subsequently deselected under
the F10 setup interface, the system displays the message, Authentication Failed.
- Fixes an issue where the display of the TPM Firmware Update interface is cut
off during the update process.
- Fixes an issue where the BIOS administrator account cannot be hidden on the
Power-On Authentication screen.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and
saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Copyright (c) 2019 HP Development Company, L.P.