TITLE: HP BIOS and System Firmware (R72)
VERSION: 01.03.03 REV: A PASS: 1
This package creates files that contain an image of the System BIOS (ROM) for
the supported HP ProBook 600 G5 with an R72 family ROM. This package is used to
flash the System ROM on a supported notebook.
SOFTPAQ FILE NAME: SP99571.exe
SOFTPAQ MD5: 6B9B6F5DBEFE4879B807BD7768D71BCA
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 15, 2019
SSM SUPPORTED: Yes
HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP ProBook 640 G5 Notebook PC
HP ProBook 650 G5 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 All Editions (64-bit)
- Provides separate controls in the F10 BIOS menu for Intel Management Engine
(ME) and Intel Active Management (AMT).
- Removes the Max DC Performance control option from the F10 BIOS menu.
- Enhances the Battery Health Manager feature to prevent battery swelling by
controlling the battery charging behavior based on system usage.
- Renames PD Firmware Update to USB-C Controller Firmware in the description on
the update screen.
- Provides Intel Dynamic Tuning.
- Enhancement to address security vulnerabilities CVE-2019-0131, CVE-2019-0165,
CVE-2019-0166, CVE-2019-0168, CVE-2019-0169, CVE-2019-11086, CVE-2019-11087,
CVE-2019-11088, CVE-2019-11090, CVE-2019-11097, CVE-2019-11100, CVE-2019-11101,
CVE-2019-11102, CVE-2019-11103, CVE-2019-11104, CVE-2019-11105, CVE-2019-11106,
CVE-2019-11107, CVE-2019-11108, CVE-2019-11109, CVE-2019-11110, CVE-2019-11131,
- Enhancement to address security vulnerabilities CVE-2019-0123, CVE-2019-0117.
- Enhancement to address security vulnerabilities CVE-2019-0124, CVE-2019-0151,
- Enhancement to address security vulnerabilities CVE-2019-185.
- Enhancement to address security vulnerabilities CVE-2019-0152, CVE-2019-11136,
- Enhancement to address security vulnerabilities CVE-2019-11135.
- Enhancement to address security vulnerabilities CVE-2019-11139.
- Fixes an issue where the audio on the system stops functioning after the Intel
Active Management Technology (AMT) option is disabled.
- Fixes an issue where the system does not power on after the real-time clock
(RTC) is reset.
- Fixes an issue where the Management Engine Firmware update is triggered
- Fixes an issue which causes the system to boot slower than expected when a
network cable is used to connect the system to a Dell or Targus USB Display Link
- Fixes an intermittent issue where the system does not auto restart during the
firmware update process.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the file by clicking the Download or Obtain Software button and
saving the file to a folder on your hard drive (make a note of the folder where
the downloaded file is saved).
2. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
Copyright (c) 2019 HP Development Company, L.P.